Instructional Design for ELearning Course
Two months ago, I announced the launch of my Instructional Design for eLearning Course. Unlike many other generic courses available on the subject, this course has been designed from ground-up, and takes a down-to-earth, practical approach to Instructional Design in an eLearning context. Whether you are an aspiring Instructional Design professional, new to the field of designing eLearning content, an instructional design guru looking to familiarize yourself with the latest developments and best practices of the industry, or a Human Resource specialist– you’ll find this course an invaluable resource. Based on my highly popular book on the subject, the course has been specifically structured to:
- Explore the basics of online learning theories, principles, techniques and methodologies
- Help you develop highly personalized eLearning content to meet the unique needs of your students/learners
- Enable you to master the skills needed for producing highly interactive eLearning courses quickly and cost-effectively.
With over 15 years in business, I have seen firsthand the difference that great eLearning content makes to the popularity and success of online courses. ELearning is not just about bells and whistles. It’s about the complete package. After intense research, I found that eLearning course designers – both novices and veterans – had few resources to guide them on creating truly effective and impactful eLearning content. Created using a “matter of fact” approach, and structured logically, the course has been divided into the following four parts – each of which builds upon the previous section: This Instructional Design for eLearning Course offers Instructional Designers all the theories and tools needed to do their job effectively.
- Basic Elements Of Instructional Design
- Designing Instructionally Sound eLearning Courses
- Interactive Elements In eLearning Courses, and
- Advancing Your Skills
Fully self-contained, the course has been designed to provide Instructional Designers of any level, and of any professional experience everything they need to know to succeed in their chosen profession. After completing this course, you’ll gain invaluable insight and knowledge about a wide range of instructional design and eLearning topics, including:
- Selecting the most appropriate ISD model for your course
- Applying principles of behaviorism, cognitivism, and constructivism to your course design
- Applying the concept of andragogy and Malcolm Knowles’s six principles of adult learning to your course design
- Analyzing learning styles and applying suitable presentation methods and techniques that address multiple learning styles
- Intrinsic and extrinsic motivation and John Keller’s ARCS Model of Motivational Design
- The role long-term memory, short-term memory, and working memory play in learning
- Ways to avoid cognitive load in your course design
- Audience analysis, performance gap analysis, and task analysis
- Needs analysis, data collection methods, and techniques
- Terminal and enabling learning objectives
- Bloom’s Taxonomy and learning domains.
- Robert Gagné’s Nine Events of Instruction.
- Storyboarding and prototyping
- Alpha, beta, and pilot testing
- Learning Management System (LMS) and Content Management System (CMS)
- Guidelines for creating SCORM-compliant content
- Section 508 compliant training materials
- Kirkpatrick’s Four Levels of Evaluation
- Valid and reliable assessment items
- Levels of interactivity, and selecting the most appropriate level for your course
- Types of games and gamification elements
- ELearning Authoring Tools
- Video, audio and graphics in eLearning
- Working with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
- Managing eLearning projects
- Informal, social, and mobile learning
- Agile methods and techniques for eLearning development
- Performance improvement interventions
…and much, much more!
Upon enrolling in the course, you’ll be able to:
- Watch videos on the above mentioned Instructional Design topics
- Read extremely relevant and informative articles related to Instructional Design and eLearning
- Leverage especially designed templates, and other online tools to help you with your own eLearning projects
- Review and revise everything you’ve learned, and sharpen your skills with loads of examples, exercises and practical exercises.
Continually updated content will ensure that you are always in the know of cutting edge developments in Instructional Design and eLearning. Available on iOS and Android platforms, the course features 36+ lectures, and comes with over 5 hours of video content. You’ll even receive a Certificate of Completion to confirm your completion of the course. Here is what some learners had to say about this course: Outstanding course! This definitely helped me to discover a more strategic approach when developing course content and teaching effectively. This course can help people who are seeking to begin teaching, and those who have already developed online courses. I have created a few online courses and this course allowed me to review all of the points that I have been doing wrong and did not know how to improve/fix. A lot of valuable material, tailored for anyone seeking to teach strategically. I am certain that the content of the course will help me to enrich my students experience and feedback. This course allowed me to discover so many tools, such that will allow me to develop courses faster and more focused. I highly recommend this course! Great instructor and outstanding course content! Tremendous value. This was a great introduction to creating eLearning courses. Even though I really only needed a refresher, this was a terrific course. Very comprehensive and easy to follow. I have taken other courses on the topic of instructional design and eLearning, but Marina’s course is the best so far. I am so thankful for the information she shares with her learners. I have been trying to transition into instructional design for a while and have looked at a few different courses including those from online colleges, but this course is by far the best, you will not be disappointed! Tons of useful information!
And today’s post also comes with a special discounted offer, through which you’ll get life-time access to all of this content at significantly reduced rates.
I hope to see you in the course. Enjoy your learning quest!